Based on the feedback received on the previous Healthcheck / inventory dashboard Script . an updated script for the spring update of windows virtual desktop has been developed.
This dashboard provides an inventory / basic checks output in an html format which can be further utilised to understand the WVD infrastructure’s state. Customers may use this to perform their day to day checks before start of business to ensure the WVD availability and at the same time be able to keep track of their inventory on WVD.
- Access to Powershell with Administrator Privileges
- Latest Powershell Version
- Install the Microsoft Az.DesktopVirtualization module to manage the WVD through powershell.
- For Instructions on how to Install the Az.DesktopVirtualization Module follow this Microsoft Link: Click Here
- Captures Inventory for a Single WVD Workspaces
- Provides an HTML output
- Gathers information such as:
- Workspace Details
- Hostpool Details
- AppGroup Details
- Remote Desktop session Host availability and error tracking
- Indicates issues / errors with RDSH with color coding.
- Needs Azure AD Credentials of the Windows Virtual Desktop Owner ID to run the script.
- We have not included a placeholder for Credentials, hence the script currently prompts for credentials. If you are planning to run this on your infrastructure regularly, you may want to securely pass the credentials to the script Or run it as a runbook using Azure Automation.
Script Sample Output:
Script Download Link:
If you wish to download the script: Download
Feel free to contribute / connect / modify the script as you wish. You may leave a comment if this helped you!