Last few weeks have been immensely busy for our VDI teams across the globe trying to help out customers adopt into solutions for remote access, a major one among this being the Windows Virtual Desktop!!! . As part of this, one of the biggest problems for customers is to manage the Windows Virtual Desktop. Majority of the customers either have Citrix administrators or Windows Administrators supporting their Citrix / any other Remote access infrastructure.
So, we thought, why not build a quick healthcheck dashboard using powershell.. and the result is a powershell based healthcheck and / Or documentation dashboard. Customers may use this to perform their day to day checks before start of business to ensure the WVD availability. and at the same time be able to keep track of their inventory on WVD.
- Access to Powershell with Administrator Privileges
- Latest Powershell Version
- Install the Microsoft RDS Powershell module to manage the WVD through powershell.
- For Instructions on how to Install the RDS Powershell Module follow this Microsoft Link: Click Here
- Captures Inventory for a Single WVD Tenant
- Provides an HTML output
- Gathers information such as:
- Hostpool Details
- AppGroup Details
- Remote Desktop session Host availability and error tracking
- Indicates issues / errors with RDSH with color coding.
- Needs Azure AD Credentials of the Windows Virtual Desktop Owner ID to run the script.
- We have not included a placeholder for Credentials, hence the script currently prompts for credentials. If you are planning to run this on your infrastructure regularly, you may want to securely pass the credentials to the script.
Script Sample Output:
Script Download Link:
If you wish to download the script: Download
Feel free to contribute / connect / modify the script as you wish. Don’t forget to comment if you like the script!